Monday, October 20, 2008

What's Happening With My Mask?!? 27.8.08

This was a very productive lesson. I finally finished sticking on my ears! Mrs Vincent helped me put on the ear with masking tape. It was orginally inteneded that the ear would be raised and flop outwards, but then the decision was altered so the ears stayed down. Mrs Vincent also cut out the eyeholes for me. I was very surprised when this brought the mask so much more animal characteristics. They were shaped as round-triangles, so when I paint the edges thick with black paint, they will actually look like a golden retreiever's eyes!

I also went back at lunch, and I almost finished my final layer. From next lesson, hopefully and with luck, I will start my texture. I think I will do physical texture rather than simulated, since I'm not really confident with drawing on the texture with pain using tone and colour.

No comments: