Thursday, October 30, 2008

30th October,, The DUE DATE!!!

Today, my mask was finally due! From lunch, I desperately tried to finish painting my mask, and I succeeded! J I was slightly disappointed that the quality of colour blending and painting- especially around the eyes- wasn’t as good as I wished towards the end of the lesson, but I was glad I at least finished sticking to my colour scheme.
I completed blending various parts of my mask to the other parts, such as from the dorsal fin to the face and from face to the tail.
Although I had wanted to paint the eyes black to white, there wasn’t any black paint, so I had to mix dark brown with grey to create dark grey to blend to white-grey instead. My beak turned out much darker than what I wanted, but I also didn’t have time to fix this either so they had to be left dark, dark brown.
At the nick of time, I also sprayed gloss on my tail and beak as well as throughout my whole mask. I sprayed especially a lot on my tail, to give the slick, shiny texture of a dolphin’s.
I don’t consider my mask ‘perfect’ or ‘awesome’, but I think it doesn’t look too bad. One thing has definitely improved for me though; I really, really improved on colour blending from all this painting!!!

1 comment:

Tif Tof ^^ said...

Hehe......... I reckon your eyes are gud!!!!! Man.. I watched you paint it! "Watcha talkin' about, woman! You look and compare it to my piece of rubbish looking mask. And you'll realise how gud ur mask is." Anywayz... Ur doing well and well-updated in ur blog.
Leave some commments in my blog as well.
-Tif Tof ^^