Monday, October 20, 2008

In The Hols... What Happened To My Mask?

I painted my mask's tail in the holidays. I decided taht Iwould paint it from yellow slowly blending to red, then finishing as dark brown at the tips. This emant that the colours went yellow-light yellow-light orange-orange-crimson-dark, dark read (mauve?)-dark brown.

I also painted the dorsal fin, blending from red back to yellow, finishing as light green.

Then, in class, I continued completing the texture for golden retriever and painted gesson on the face of the mask. I am planning to paint it from light purple to pink to orange, blending to the yellow at the tail. The beak will probably start as darker violet or indigo, though. The ears will be from purple to sky-blue. This is different to what I had originally planned, but I think this new colour scheme will look better for my mask and show my personality better in ways.

I can't wait till I start painting! (Well, the face anyway.) But I still have to finish the last few parts of texture and finish putting on gesso... I'm worried I might not be able to finish the mask in time!!! ={

No comments: