Monday, October 20, 2008

Again... Wha'ts With My Mask Now??? 2.9.08

Today I started painting texture onnto my mask. I knew that I was going to create actual texture, not simulated, so I worked out what the texture would be like for each part of the mask. for the beak and the tail, since they were penguins and dolphi's, they were decided to be smooth and glossy, using gesso. The main head was going to be short, slightly wavy fur, spreading out from the nose, while the ears were going to be long, soft, wavy fur. I started on the tail with a thick paintbrush, paingint the gesso on one way, outwards.

Next lesson, I am planning to do the beak. I'm not sure whether I should add another layer to my ears- I think they are a bit too thin, but I'll see; since I don't want to have them too heavy with my thick coat of gesso for texture.

No comments: