Monday, March 24, 2008

My Collection of Sketches of Observational Drawings...

This is a collection of sketches that I did in class; they are observational drawings of a panda.

My first drawing was a two- minute continual drawing. I had started much better, but I realised I had drawn it too small, so I wasted one and a half minutes rubbing out my drawing! It was quite frustrating when I only had barely thirty seconds and I couldn't take off my pencil because it was 'contiunual drawing'!!!



The next activity was two- minute blind contour drawing. I had to draw this without looking once at my paper and only look on the object I was drawing. I also vainly tried to show the fur, but it turned out not working at all. The face looks very interesting!!! :D

After that, I was at the hardest stage of the whole activity. This activity was blind contour drawing.It was the hardest that we did, in my opinion. It is impossible to be beautiful when you are drawing with continuous lines without looking at what you are drawing. As expected, my drawing turned out hideous. No texture tone, nothing but squiggly lines! Thanks to this, we all had a good laugh at each other's drawings that looked like three- year olds.






Next drawing was a drawing of ten- minute observation. It looked much better than teh former drawings, but there should have been fur and some tone/shadows. It looks incomplete and bare... =.}



This drawing shown below was the sideview of the panda; just as the former one, it needed to tone and at least some indications of fur as well. I drew this because I was told to draw it at a different angle of view or get a new stuffed toy to draw, and I thought sideview of the same toy would be good to draw. So here it is!

1 comment:

Tif Tof ^^ said...

OMG..... They are sooooooooo cute! I love ur panda drawings. (Adorable) They're not hideous. We didn't do things like that in our Art class. Anywayzzzz...
Have a wonderful time in Art!!! :D
Smile

Luv ya,
Tif Tof ^^