Friday, March 14, 2008

13th March & 14th March (Lunch), What Did We Do???

Okay, it was finally the time for the real observational drawing of my panda... I had to use the black ink (ah, I had to be careful not to flick any onto my blouse), and a stick to sketch this. I found this quite hard; it was much easier to sketch with a pencil!
Well, I started, and I realised that I was very slow compared to other people. When I had just finished my outline of the panda, other people had nearly finish shading in the tone!!!
Aaargh!! I had to work faster. The last 10 minutes or so, had me flicking ink everywhere while I desperately tried to finish my drawing, which now looked like a random bald bear. I felt so depressed... My drawing didn't have any furriness, which is texture, or tone. It was so bare!!! Its face also didn't have much expression at all. I seriously needed much more time.

So, to actually make my drawing look like a panda, I spent my lunch on the next day (14th) to finish this observative drawing. Angela helped me a lot as well (THANK YOU ANGELA!!! :D), and I finally actually put some tone and fur in it. I had to work a lot especially on tone; since the whole drawing was all about tone, not colour, that was the most important factor that made my drawing realistic and 3D. Also, some fur drawn on the face and wavy lines on the outline showed the slight fur that my panda had. I think this is called simulated texture?!?!
Well, now, I am quite satisfied with it, even though I could have done better. I learned to observe the object much more carefully, and find even the slightest trace of shadow to draw. =)

2 comments:

Jerry Uelsmann and Julie Rrap said...

Hey hannah, u have done heaps on ur blog......i LUV it!!!!!......by the way..that pic of a puppy is REALLY good......my 1's look really bad....i had 2 hand them in 4 assesment so i cant scan them on........look at my blog.....by the way....i did draw the pictures that i said i drew!!!!!!!

Luv Ya

EmXXOO

Tif Tof ^^ said...

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Hanna,
Great reflection, FUNNY 1 THOUGH!!!!!
LUUUUUURVVVVVVV IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to start working on mine. Work hard to aim for da A+. U can do it......
GO HANNA GO!!!!!

(P.S.^^ It's cross country tomoz.)
Random but yeh...... o_O