Thursday, June 5, 2008

Finally!!! PAPER MACHE!!! =D

Yep, yep, yep, yes, yes!!! Hanna Kang, the slowest in the class, is FINALLY up to the paper macheing! Goodness, after about seven lessons of 'hard' work of scrunching newspapers and taping, I was so excited to have that gooey glue on my hands as well.
First, I ripped strips of newspaper. Since I had observed how other people did theirs, I easily knew what to do and decided to rip with my ruler. I ended up ripping them too thin and long, but they were torn in ripped in neat rectangles, so I was satisfied. ;)
Next, Emma poured the white, very- gooey glue from the bucket to the container. It looked, to be honest, disgusting, so I was reluctant to put my hands in it, but once I did, I liked it so much! :) I stuck the strips of newspaper that were soaked in glue, and spread glue on top of the strips of newspaper to make sure they stayed on the mask. I worked my way from the top to the sides to the tail, beak and the bottom. I didn't get to finish the first layer, but I did about half of the mask, which I was really happy with. The strips of newspaper were layed out on the mask so they looked organised instead of just 'stuck on randomly'. For the rest of the lesson, I continued on glueing the strips of newspaper to the mask that actually looked like a mask now.
I am very looking forward to the next art lesson. Hopefully I will be able to finish my first layer and start my second! =]

1 comment:

Tif Tof ^^ said...

SUP Hanna!!! You made me lllllauuuuughhhhhhh!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! Gosh... Ur not da slowest! hehe... I wish I was in ur class watchin' u do art. It would be extremely funny. Well, I have Beatrix & Betty paying me and mask out every lesson. :( What a shame. Oh well, it's good fun! I luv da glue.... (GOOOOOOEYY!!!!)
-Luv Tif Tof