Wednesday, February 20, 2008

20th- Today at Art.. What Did We Do?!?!?!

Today I created a background, using watercolour inks, glue, coloured tissue paper and a piece of newspaper. We glued on the piece of newspaper onto the paper, and painted it with 3 colours, adding bits of coloured tissue paper to make it more interesting. This meant we created the colour and texture, the elements of art. It was important to know how much the paints were diluted; because some shades were too dark or too light. I used yellow, blue and black as the main colours, and sprinkled some pink paint to make it look more interesting. I also stuck small bits of orange tissue paper to give texture as well as slight focal points. I was quite satisfied with the colours I used; yellow, blue and black go well together, in my opinion.

We also learnt about a famous American pop artist, called Andy Warhol. His works were modern yet artistic and unique. He did many of the silver prints(??), and I liked the drawings of the cans of soup, even though at first I wasn't sure why that was art. I hope I can see more of his works someday.

The end of my Art reflection for today!!


The photo below is the example I am showing of pop art- Not really a piece of artwork; just a photo from the Apple laptop, but it still looks similar!!!!! XD



1 comment:

Tif Tof ^^ said...

Hi Hanna, it's Tif Tof! Ur art reflection is like wonderful and so it's really good. I luuuuurv ur kool blog, I was gonna do that background but many people did it so I chose another 1. Haha...... I love the fotos of u and Haemi, it's sooo (how can I describe it.. hmmmmmmm) Ah! Pop-ish.....
hehe..... Have a great time doing your blog, and work hard this year!